Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can i see some pics of a VR/VS sub setup in the boot

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
My plan is to build a very wide but shallow enclosure and make a false wall up the back of the boot. I'll try and secure it from the back so that you have to take the back seat out to get it out.

NOBODY steals my sub muahaha

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Cos it takes so long to remove the back seat...

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Well no it doesnt but if someone cracks my boot open and sees a false wall thats bolted form the other side theres a high chance they'd go "too much effort"

Heres an example chain of events:

1. Theiving prick breaks window, looks for face plate of stereo, can't find it because I never leave it in the car.

2. Instead finds sub amp hidden under seat and can't get it out because its secured with security screws which are inaccessible without removing the passenger seat.

3. Decides taking the sub which must be in the boot would be easier than removing passenger seat and pops the boot.

4. Looks in boot and finds false wall which obviously has a sub on the other side of it.

5. Finds that false wall is attached from the other side, inaccessible from the boot.

6. Tries to remove back seat and by a lucky coincidence for them they have a shifter handy.

7. gets back seat out, finds I have used security screws to secure false wall and that sub itself is mounted to the box with security screws and to the inside rather than outside so the whole box would have to come apart to get it out.

8. Hopefully gives up in frustration but if not, starts taking out passenger seat to get to amp, only to find security screws.

I reckon that this would be a pretty good way of securing my system, since Just Car insurance refuses to cover it.

Unfortunately there is always the risk that the potential theif would damage my gear in trying to get it out or smash the crap out of things just to get to me, but it's still better than losing the gear completely.

Any ideas or comments welcome hehe.

D

death-from-above

If the robber saw all that, i would bet he would just smash the crap out of the system so you cant enjoy it either. Sad, but true.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Yeah I did say that was a risk, but I'd rather it be smashed than let the little b4574|2d get away with my stuff.

The effort required should deter the oportunistic theives at least.

G

Grommitt

lol @ all your work..

then you get owned cos the bastard just steals your car.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
lol yeah that is always a possibilty

but then insurance pays for it :yeah:

we can never make it impossible for a theif to take our cars or their contents, just make it more difficult. That's all I hope for hehe.

Anyways back on topic, have many people used standard purchased boxes or do you construct your own? Mine is currently a standard box which is too small for this driver and gives crap sound as a result.

Has anyone used the spreadsheet from diysubwoofers.org to work out their box sizes? If so, what Qtc did you go with and what volume enclosure did it result in? My custom one is a Qtc of 0.7 and the box volume will be about 98 litres.

Last edited:

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Like you suggested I think the thief would either

A: Get the shits and break everything they could

or

B: Think that the equipment must be good if you've gone to so much effort to protect it, and just steal the whole car instead.

Still a very nice effort though, and should hopefully deter some crooks.

I made my own box, can't remember the specs of my sub off the top of my head, but the box I made is ~1.8cu.ft. nett. ported to 35Hz. I think it was 2cu.ft. gross, with a 11.5" x 4" round port. Can't remember the exact details though.

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
here is a pic of the start of my boot instal using the sub box i posted earlier. ive still got to finish of the floor and back the get it all trimmed.

Attachments

• L8N's boot install.2jpg.jpg
    L8N's boot install.2jpg.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 936

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
El cheapo mondo

Here is my subs amp and deck
1000watt boss amp - boot
2 500watt boss 12" subs - boot
2 220watt pioneer 6x9 3ways - rear parsal tray
2 120watt clarion 16cm 3ways - front doors
2 ??watt holden tweeters from my calais - top of the dash at the bottom of the window

and a Tevion deck the info is in one of the pic's

for the money I payed for everything you could not get a better sound
and since I installed it all myself it was even cheaper

I know most people think you need to spend money, but this is for me not a show car and until I build a show car I'm not forking out thousands of dollars on a system.

The bass from the system at a normal volume level can be heard from down the street.

Now this is good bang for cheap bucks

Attachments

• Joels - 013.jpg
    Joels - 013.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Joels - 016.jpg
    Joels - 016.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Joels - 017.jpg
    Joels - 017.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 479
  • Joels - 008.jpg