Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can I tune my standard vy ecu

phat vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy v6
bolting a turbo to my ecotech and was told many different things about the standard ecu e.g it can be tuned it can't be tuned get the picture. so whats the deal.

if it can be tuned can dick's electronics do it have been told there the go.

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
yeah it can be tuned and yes Dick can tune it and he is gd at wat he does. has alot of experience with v6's. you wont be dissapointed.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
VY ecotec is a fixed chipp ecu but blokes like Dick have got around that. A great little feature of the VY ecotec ECU is that it tuns twin knock sensor signals to the tune whereas the earlier ecus ran twin signals that merged and averaged a sindle signal to teh tune. This is a good thing for when you really want to push the edge of your set up and get into real fine tuning.

But by allmeans, I'd suggest Dick or he may be able to put you onto someone if he isn't doing them

phat vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy v6
F@*k year thats what I wanted to here
how much ruffly just for the tune or should I just give him a bell

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
my mafless tune was $1500. Just give him a call and he will explain the lot mate

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
F@*k year thats what I wanted to here
how much ruffly just for the tune or should I just give him a bell

A brief call is always the way to go. I'd get a game plan together first and an idea of what you're after from the car and present that to Dick. Not sure if he's doing these MAF or MAFless so your eventual power level and mods level may be part of that

Dicks Electronics RTLS1