Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can it be done???

M

mikeVXll

Hi,
I just purchsed VXll recently from auction, not a bad car, only done 105,000km. But it does,t have electrical windows. it is an executive V6. Is it possible to fit electric windows in it. Is the wiring already there?? I know I can buy switches from ebay, and motors from wreckeres, is that all I need?
Any help would be appreciated.:whistling

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I was thinking doing this.. The price was about $1500 to fit it..

I didn't think it was worth it, just to look cool at Maccas Drive thru..

M

mikeVXll

Yes, it would cost that, if someone ran the wiring from scratch. But does that need to be done? Does anyone know if the wiring already exists foe the power windows foe VXll built 08/02 executive, with no traction control.
Help??

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm guessing not mate.. I've got the same car as you..

Why would Holden include power window wiring in a car with a full mechanical set up? Doesn't make sense to me..

I doubt highly that it exists..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I have an acclaim without power windows but when I removed the console cover there was a plug around about where the power window switch would be. I think it was about an 8 pin plug with around 8 wires ( I didn't pay too much attention to it)so I assume this is there ready for a power window switch as I can't see any other reason for it.

M

mikeVXll

Thanks for the reply guys.
I think what I should do is, take the door interior trim off or the middle console and check if there is wiring there for elec. windows.
But I have a feeling there won't be any, because yours is an acclaim and mine is only an executive.

Another question to Shounak, Ive noticed that your vx is on dual fuel. How is that running, because i'am thing of converting mine to dual fuel too. is yours the lpg injection setup, if it is how much did it cost you and where did you have it done. thanks

gamevx

LS1 Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS manual and VX berlina v6
YES! ITS ALL THERE!!!! (or so i am told)

all commodores from VT on have all the wiring for power windows(also cruise control, and other options)

What i have been told(by losts of pro's) is the wiring harness for Vt on commodores is all the same no matter what commodore it is, so its all there, but not the switchs and motors and stuff like that.

but it is a defferent harness on the luxo models(ie berlina and stuff)

SO, if it was an option on ur car, if u get the parts, it CAN be done.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Shounak said:
I'm guessing not mate.. I've got the same car as you..

Why would Holden include power window wiring in a car with a full mechanical set up? Doesn't make sense to me..

I doubt highly that it exists..
Holden would do that because it is easier for them to have the one wiring loom for the entire range rather than have a different one for each model.
The wiring is also required there for items that are not factory standard on a particular model but are available as an extra option.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
TigerVX said:
Holden would do that because it is easier for them to have the one wiring loom for the entire range rather than have a different one for each model.
The wiring is also required there for items that are not factory standard on a particular model but are available as an extra option.

Fair enough then..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
mikeVXll said:
Another question to Shounak, Ive noticed that your vx is on dual fuel. How is that running, because i'am thing of converting mine to dual fuel too. is yours the lpg injection setup, if it is how much did it cost you and where did you have it done. thanks

LPG is awesome.. Of course petrol is a bit better, but I'm the only driver who can notice a difference..

Mine was already set up when I purchased the car, but it was done by Progas in Huntingdale.