Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can Mr plod pull you over and fine you on his day off

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Thats the same as ours pretty much, and they are as uncomfortable as all hell.

Isaac

Cool Guy
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria/Lyndoch, South Australia
Members Ride
D22 Navara
ACT Police wear the baseball cap ALL THE TIME if they want to. Even out of cargos. And I was a RAAF Officer and had no problems wearing the same sort of hat all the time. I was one of the few that didn't like wearing the RAAF "c**t cap".

Like this one but without the wanky gold **** on the peak (that's for the brass)
raaf8160650_0017.jpg

Holy **** I just had to double look that! thought it was my old man, he's a air commodore with a big moustach like that! haha.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Baseball caps for cops just look ridiculous (unless in the cargos) and it's no wonder Police complain about lack of respect. The proper hats give much more of an authoritative look imo, and look far more professional. Even the leather ones would be a better option than a bloody baseball cap!

LOL the baseball cap beats the hell out of the turban I see one of the officers around here wearing, blue with the crest thing in the middle. What next, offical police burkas?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
LOL the baseball cap beats the hell out of the turban I see one of the officers around here wearing, blue with the crest thing in the middle. What next, offical police burkas?

Don't laugh, it will happen. I almost choked on a cake I bought at a bakery other day when a policeman walked out with a turban on his head.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Baseball caps for cops just look ridiculous (unless in the cargos) and it's no wonder Police complain about lack of respect. The proper hats give much more of an authoritative look imo, and look far more professional. Even the leather ones would be a better option than a bloody baseball cap!

One of the main reasons that police in NSW now wear cargo's and baseball caps is that the uniform is much more practical for them when they get involved in a stoush. In the old uniform, the antron cap was always being dislodged and was a nuisance to police when they had their hands full with drunks, aggro's, druggies, etc. The baseball cap can be pulled on a bit tighter and is much cheaper to replace. The old caps had an enamelled metal insignia that was a prize for morons to get their hands on, whereas the baseball cap has a sewn insignia and is more resistant to damage.

Obviously, other States have their own uniforms and I don't know if the baseball cap/cargo uniform is universal across all jurisdictions.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Cops with turbans? WTF?!?!?! How is that even allowed???? I had no idea!!!

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Cops with turbans? WTF?!?!?! How is that even allowed???? I had no idea!!!

its amazing what happens when it comes to religion, imaging if i said i just didnt want to wear a part of the uniform, i would be told tough. but if its a religious requirement they get to wear what they want. The uniform is the uniform should be the same for everyone, thats why its call a UNIFORM LOL

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I wouldn't acknowledge a cop in a turban. Even if I had to go to court because of it.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
I wouldn't acknowledge a cop in a turban. Even if I had to go to court because of it.

Problem is they harp on about the importance of having your uniform spot on because when its not to the correct standard you stand out and in a study they asked several criminals who they would target in situations where there were multiple cops and on nearly every occasions they said they would pick the one who stood out because their uniform was in some way different.

So if you have a line of cops holding back a crowd of people who will they throw **** at? The guy who appears different, that being the one in a turban.

Im sorry but i fail to see why its ok for someone to have the uniform adjusted because of religious beliefs. I dont discriminate against someone but i just get kinda sick of things being changed out of political correctness.

aero135

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
'politically incorrect' is what is thought of first nowadays instead of risks and practicality unfortunately