Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can Somebody Identify This Amp Please.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
Mate picked up a amp/ sub combo off gumtree.
Next to the 4 RCA inputs, there are two more RCA connections that are labelled "Output"
We are wanting to know if it is PRE output... or what that output is, as it not say pre. Just says output.

I have done a google search and a what not, but all I can find are images from either gumtree or cashies... but nothing has actual model number etc.

IF they are pre outputs, can you then plug the rear 6x9s into those outputs... so essentially they are not getting amplified, running off H/U.
OR are they for use to go into another amplifier?

PS. I have tried and tried to get him to have the FRONT and SUB speakers powered by amp, and the rears by H/U... but he is adamant that he wants to have rear and sub via amplifier LOL

Thanx for any advice. In this instance, google ain't helped at all, or a search on this forum. Cheers :)

Attachments

• amp.PNG
    amp.PNG
    87.1 KB · Views: 308

_War_

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Wagon
The "OUTPUT" RCA Connections are a pass-through to connect another amp without having to run another set of RCA's from the headunit. Front and Sub is the best option but sometimes you can't change someones mind.

As for the Amplifier, It looks like an eBay special from what i can see. No chance of any where near 1000w or whatever it's claiming. So hopefully he didn't pay much for it.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
Thanx for reply war.
Was a $55 combo. So not that much for it. So for another sub, not a speaker. Thanx for the info. Will pass it onto him.
Cheers.

He will change his mind after he hears how crap it gunna sound lol

_War_

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Wagon
The RCA Output on the amp will work for speakers as well as subs. Here is an example that allowed my headunit which only had one set of rca's run two amps.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
So he can rca from amp to flat pins on speakers or straight to another amp. Thanx for the clarification.

He had to put amp on top of sub. Was too big to go on either side of fold down shelf in his vx. He wanted it like u n i have on the back seat. But u get what u pay for lol.
Fusion sub n that amp.

H

harrop.senator

Straight to another amp rather then having to re run the rca leads from the head unit to the boot again.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
H/U, I forget which, has front left/ right and then rear or sub left/ right rcas.

Told him to make sure that the front go to front on amp, and rear/sub goes to the other on the amp.
Then on the output side,
Front left to left rear, and then the front right to the right rear.
With the sub... to put the positive of LEFT and negative of RIGHT of the other connection to plug into sub. Does it matter what side is what? As long as its connected to one of each?

Now, how on earth this will fade/ balance etc I don't know. Front will be head unit and rear/ sub are being amp.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Should be marked on the amp front and rear left and right.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
In regards to running the speakers off both amp and HU be aware that some HU's switch off the speaker outputs once the RCA's are connected. I know my Pioneer one does.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
Well on my one... the rears (parcel shelf NOT doors) are powered by kenny HU n fronts n sub powered by amp.
But his HU is pioneer. So will be interesting lol.

He not done this before hence y i dont him to make sure he connects correctly lol.