Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you believe the nerve of this guy?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Don't care what it's called. It's a public holiday and each person can give it it's own meaning. For me it's Australia day, for someone else it can be citizens day.

It's a bit like christmas. It's a pagan holiday which was taken by christians to celebrate the birth of their prophet. I'm not a christian so to me it's a secular holiday that I use to see my family.

The best thing about Australia is we're all free to celebrate holidays how we choose and assign them with our own meaning and tradition

What a load of crap.

The idea of Holidays such as Australia day is to unit all those lucky enough to be living here in celebrating this awesome country together.

Just cause I decide it's actually "Run around in the nude and do penis windmills day" doesn't make it so.

It's not citizen day, because it's not celebrating a or the citizen, it's celebrating our country and how luck we are to be here.

skitzone80b

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive
Does that mean I'm no longer allowed to get drunk on the 26th seeing as I'm not a citizen? Douche.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
What a load of crap.

The idea of Holidays such as Australia day is to unit all those lucky enough to be living here in celebrating this awesome country together.

Just cause I decide it's actually "Run around in the nude and do penis windmills day" doesn't make it so.

It's not citizen day, because it's not celebrating a or the citizen, it's celebrating our country and how luck we are to be here.

People can celebrate holidays however they want. It's not compulsory to stick flags on your car, have a BBQ and listen to Triple J.

If you want to meet on the 26th every year in a miserable group of people in a dark room and talk about Citizens day and how Australia is a Fascist country ruled by Satan with too many Gays and then stand in a circle reciting ancient chants, that's fine.

For me it's Beers, Beach, Barbie, and some work around the house

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well you can call it what you like but the recognised public holiday is Australia Day.

I am wondering if I could force people to work without penalties if they fail to recognise Christmas, Easter, Australia Day etc? Surely if they view it as any other day except what is recognised for the public holiday then it deems the holiday null and void?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Imagine if we went over to a MiddleEastern country during Ramadan and posted on facebook about how it shouldn't be called that or whatever, they'd chop our heads off and offer it to the gods or something

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Well you can call it what you like but the recognised public holiday is Australia Day.

I am wondering if I could force people to work without penalties if they fail to recognise Christmas, Easter, Australia Day etc? Surely if they view it as any other day except what is recognised for the public holiday then it deems the holiday null and void?

No they're public holidays by law, the wide array of our own personal beliefs actually count for nothing.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Huh? Just throwing it out there but I am fairly sure they didn't just one day decide to have a public holiday and call it Easter.

The day being a public holiday as such is secondary to that day being a celebration of something. In this case, Australia Day.

Its Australia Day, and its a public holiday to allow people to celebrate that day. Its not a public holiday just for the shots and giggles of having one.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Let's just call it "Arrival of the first fleet" day

Huh? Just throwing it out there but I am fairly sure they didn't just one day decide to have a public holiday and call it Easter.

The day being a public holiday as such is secondary to that day being a celebration of something. In this case, Australia Day.

Its Australia Day, and its a public holiday to allow people to celebrate that day. Its not a public holiday just for the shots and giggles of having one.

This. /End thread

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Anyone who thinks the day has been changed to Citizens Day is simply an uninformed git. There has been absolutely nothing ever to suggest it's changed, no political announcement, nothing in the media... the only people who say so are young little shits* from deluded minority groups who want to try and cause a stir. The sad thing is it's all the half baked hilly billy bogans who bite and start saying stupid **** like 'git thar faaarrrkk outta me country STRAYA DAY'.

I remember being a kid and Australia Day was spent playing cricket in the yard while most of the family had a few beers and a BBQ. Now it seems it's more to release your inner bogan, get **** faced and disgrace the flag by slapping it on as many articles of clothing as possible and at the end of the day trample all over it before you leave it for a rubbish collector to pick up.

*Not all minorities are this way inclined, most of them are actually very respectful of this country and don't feel the need to troll for shits and giggles