Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you do an auto yourself?

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Thanks acarmody, will definitely hit them up to see what they can do for me, maybe they can send it over and be cheaper in total than if I was to get it sorted here in Perth!

I've also contacted another workshop who seem to have a number of parts available for the transmission here in Perth, called Chris Mills Performance.
I'll see what they come back with to have it freshened up or rebuilt with a shift kit through it!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If Chris Mills sells parts then they will definitely know some good rebuilders, hit them up for info.

Also hit up some shops in Sydney and Melbourne, there is more competition down there so rebuilds are cheaper.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i dont like doing this, but there is a buy on SC forum povertypack his thread granny wagon reincarnated has rebuild his auto and added performance parts, he may be able to give you some helpful tips.

otherwise if you want a shop to do it, ring around a few places until you find a joint for around $2500, they should also give you 1-2years warranty, i had mine done by fuilddrive with 2 year warranty.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Appreciate all the input guys, greatly appreciated.
waiting to hear back from 2 different places, will advise what the result is when I know!

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Received one quote back from sure shift.
$2500 for built 500hp trans with stage 2 shift kit
$200 ish for shipping from perth to brisbane and back.
WOOHOO!
need to do my exhaust first tho :(