Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cant decide between SV6 06 and WK Statesman 04

ducatigirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN and ducati 98 SS
hi all.
buying a car this week, have done my pro's and cons between them but still cant decide.
the 04 WK Statesman V8 is beautiful to drive, stock standard with 166k on clock for $9,500 needs some paint work lots of stone chips. dealer is throwing in transfer and license fees, wheel alignment, fix little things that need it with 10,000k warranty, local.

SV6 is 06 122k on clock (overdue for 120k service) in my colour drives like a new car but only comes with 5,000k 3 month warranty from small dealer. $8,900

Second choice statesman V8 is 04 model for $12k, has 200k on clock, immaculate, comes with 3 year warranty, capped priced services, but 200kms away. (Yet to find out if I have to drive it to them for every fix or service) has alloy 18" rims, leather seats. big dealer. Have to go to the city to view it.

Anything you can think of unforseen?
why you would choose one over the other, and any known issues with any of these cars.
thanks!!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
In the end its all preference.

The stato is a damn nice cruiser to have as a daily but the V8 will cost you more in Gas, however the V8 has much more options for mods. (My old stato put out 240rwkw with basic mods) Also stato has less negative stigma and tends to get you noticed less.

Ive driven a SIDI sv6 and it was nice, if the one you are looking at is allloytec I would go the stato.

ducatigirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN and ducati 98 SS
Thanks heaps Trev! I forgot about the slugginess with the alloy tech sv, does the statesman not have that problem, considering it has alloy engine?
Now to decide to get the newer 04 with better warranty but pita distance.
Or Local 03 model.
Just about to look up exhaust systems, what do you recommend for the v8 stato?
also your suggestions on gaining power. I dont understand the numbers, but was waiting for my 'VN kick" when I test drove the local stato, and there was no excitement...needs help there ;)

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Thanks heaps Trev! I forgot about the slugginess with the alloy tech sv, does the statesman not have that problem, considering it has alloy engine?
Now to decide to get the newer 04 with better warranty but pita distance.
Or Local 03 model.
Just about to look up exhaust systems, what do you recommend for the v8 stato?
also your suggestions on gaining power. I dont understand the numbers, but was waiting for my 'VN kick" when I test drove the local stato, and there was no excitement...needs help there ;)

Mine had a full exhaust by Sureflo and an OTR intake with Tune, for me it was more than enough power. They are quite subdued stock but with a little bit of money they are no slouch.

Mine had a 3.5inch catback by sureflo, If i went down the same road again not sure I would bother with cats and extractors. But the OTR and tune got me an extra 60RWKW.

Last edited by a moderator:

ducatigirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN and ducati 98 SS
Nice car!!!
nice sound too. with the OTR intake with Tune are you saying you would settle with that without extractors and twin exhaust? that was enough power? It's gotta sound good too ;)
I've had a look at some of the RWKw numbers, so 600 is very impressive!!!

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
You are in WA correct ducatigirl?