Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cant fit centre caps on :(

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
well i tried to modify my dust caps but did not succeed. even with the dust cap off the center cap doesnt fit on....looks like im just gonna have to get some 3mm spacers. theres no need to put longer wheel studs with such small spacers. theres plenty of thread on there.

-George

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
well i tried to modify my dust caps but did not succeed. even with the dust cap off the center cap doesnt fit on....looks like im just gonna have to get some 3mm spacers. theres no need to put longer wheel studs with such small spacers. theres plenty of thread on there.

-George
Did you mod the center cap? Hell running no dust caps would be better then spacers! I would want better studs, since with a spacer the full weight of the rim is on them.

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
even with the dust cap off they dont fit...i cant really modify the centre cap as they aren't that thick...im going to get the spacers that just sit on the hub...not the bolt on ones...my rims will still be bolted to the studs that are on there.

-George

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
dude i had this problem all you got to do is a one of this little grinders from super cheap the real sharp bladed ones and cut abit of that centre stud off and the little cap is a dust cover when you get after market rims

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
as in cut a bit off where the bolt goes in 2 hold the disc and bearing in? where the split pin goes?

-George

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
dude i had this problem all you got to do is a one of this little grinders from super cheap the real sharp bladed ones and cut abit of that centre stud off and the little cap is a dust cover when you get after market rims

lol fark doing that

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Spacers to fit center caps!!!!!!!
All I did was was filed the ribbing back on the center cap (the cross brace bits) and flattened the very top of the dust cover the tinniest amount.
SPACERS ARE ILLEGAL!!!
Did any of you running spacers fit longer wheel studs?

Man.. the wheels still sat on the hub. and still got many turns of the wheel nuts. no chance in hell im grinding my HSV centre caps, might be alright to do so with crappy holden ones. but saying that, its not just the centre cap thats the issue with VT onward style wheels. its the Offset.

Spacers might be illegal, so is anything about 17's on your ss, and probably half the **** you do to your car.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Man.. the wheels still sat on the hub. and still got many turns of the wheel nuts. no chance in hell im grinding my HSV centre caps, might be alright to do so with crappy holden ones. but saying that, its not just the centre cap thats the issue with VT onward style wheels. its the Offset.

Spacers might be illegal, so is anything about 17's on your ss, and probably half the **** you do to your car.
Ummm first of all over 17's aint illegal unless you live in the 1980's state of SA, get your facts right.
Second I have VY Sigs on my SS with no issue's, don't know what the problem is.
Third who cares about removing some material from the back of the centre cap, no one sees it.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
sorry i meant above 17's not about 17's.. and i do live in SA, and they will defect u for that here..

and i put spacers on with no issues?? so no need to make such a thing a massive issue, over a minor thing. :)