Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't put rims on a crewman?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
I'm not sure how it works with another persons insurance, but if your using your own insurance, they will of course try and find anything to get them out of paying!

Too low and too loud would not be covered on the policy, so therefore you've breeched your contract (have to maintian a roadworthy car)

This was done using my own insurance company. Insurance bloke drove the car, looked it over, said it looked like a nice car and ok'd the repairs.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
This was done using my own insurance company. Insurance bloke drove the car, looked it over, said it looked like a nice car and ok'd the repairs.

Well, assessors are people too. Most of the time, their job is to find out ways to get out of paying a claim!

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
The laws have changed in QLD on wheels and a few other things ... when i get the email forwarded to me i'll see if i can put it up but you can have rims on the car as long as they are rated at 1.5 times the factory fitted rims load rating. There was also somin else about tyres ... mental blank. But yea I'm not gonna go back to that tyre shop.

My previous cars that I had accidents in had a few minor things that made them un-road worthy at the time of the crash and the car was fixed or paid out on with no issues from the insurer. The faults were not the driect cause of the accidents though. if they were I would have been up poo creek.

mtsces

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
From my research into Crewy rims and tyres I have found. (NSW)

Crewy's came out with rim sizes 15 to 18 inches.

The compliance sticker on your door states what rims and tyres you have.

Tyre dealers will only go of this sticker as it is the law.

Holden are bastards for not putting on a sticker that covers all sizes for the Crewy.

Makes it very hard to get mags and tyers for it.

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
I bought my wheels for my one tonner off bridgestone. They would only sell them to me if they didnt put them on the car, cause they arent legal load rating. I need a 104 (i think) rating amd theyre only 100. . .

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Excavation ftw!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Well, assessors are people too. Most of the time, their job is to find out ways to get out of paying a claim!

No it isn't. Their job is to assess the damage for repairs.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
From my research into Crewy rims and tyres I have found. (NSW)

Crewy's came out with rim sizes 15 to 18 inches.

The compliance sticker on your door states what rims and tyres you have.

Tyre dealers will only go of this sticker as it is the law.

Holden are bastards for not putting on a sticker that covers all sizes for the Crewy.

Makes it very hard to get mags and tyers for it.

Might want to do some more research, 'cause that isn't entirely true...

theautomationguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross 6
I guess buying wheels off eBay should be banned....... Sadly there are too many laws ......... but these laws are usually bought about by accidents ..... and how to prevent reoccurrence ....... except the speed rule ..... that just generates too much cash ....... Might have to put my wheel back on eBay .... once the rubber is worn out