Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Capa superchargers

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
when your getting injectors go for 42 or 60's, theres no point wasting cash on anything less, atleast that way when you intercool etc later on, your injectors will still cope.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
60's for sure, dont muck around.

phumb1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore(ecotech v6)
Vortech or Raptor supercharger??

wud it be better with a raptor supercharger kit or a vortech supercharger kit on a vs 3.8l commodore?

bewsa cv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8 monaro M6
hey dark side ive just completed my vortech v2 install, me and a couple of mates gave it a crack and we got there in the end... the capa instructions arnt the greatest in the world, i would suggest you get the sealed unit, and not the recirculating oil one. im pretty happy with it, i doesnt have the kick arse sound of a pd blower, however it does have a deffinate whine and spool noise kinda like a turbo..

had it tuned yesterday and now im in bad need of injectors and a pump. im shattered i just wanna get in and sink the boot in.. anyone know how to do a fuel pump lol... anyways darkside, i say give it a crack its a great learning experience and its deff worth it, feel free to hit me back that my 2c anyways thanks guys

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
I dont know why you have ruled out a single turbo mate. You will piss in 350rwkw on a Mainline with my kit. Smooth, quiet and refined until the loud pedal is smashed is the best way to describe a turbo setup.

GenRacing

If you want to go for a spin in my car or check out the kit installed on a car, let me know.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
thanks for the comments guys.

Its good to hear from someone that has had a go installing it there self, bewsa cv8. Cant wait to start fitting mine:yeah: let us know what figure you end up with.

I ruled out a turbo because if I get defected, aren't they a pain in the ass to take off and put back on? because they run off the exhaust. are you in sa Solid8? wouldn't mind riding shotgun for sure lol:D

Cheers guys

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
so I have finally decided to get the caprice blown rather than stroked or a turbo set up. I will have to wait a few months to put the coin together though.

My question is how hard are they to install? I asked my mechanic and he said its just time consuming but not necessarily a difficult job. so I am thinking of fitting it myself and then obviously paying to get a tune done. anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to get the car re-mapped after I have fitted the supercharger?

O and the kit i'm thinking of getting is this one GEN-PD Powerdyne 4.5psi Kit, is it worth saving an extra grand to get the 6psi kit? I mean I am more than happy with the power of the 4.5psi kit. I just mean does anyone know if the 6psi kit is generally better than the 4.5psi kit putting power aside.

more info here: CAPA : Supercharger Kits

Cheers

Capa is the way to go I fitted v-2 unit to my HSV and the performance was outstanding, it would cost you around $1500.00 to have it re-mapped.

Attachments

• SuperCharger.jpg
    SuperCharger.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 212

bewsa cv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8 monaro M6
how do you boys feel about FMIC i mean id love one but i really dont wanna have to cut holes or relocate the batery.. did you contemplate this dark side?