Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car alarm for VT

Local Heavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SS 5.7

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Better than no alarm.

Aslong as you can stop it from going beep beep when you lock and unlock the car... If they hear that sound then there must be something worth stealing in it.

Local Heavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SS 5.7
Very true haha... I will look into that ;)

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
That spy alarm ok but has a few annoying things.
First off the wiring in the manual is wrong for the central locking and i blew one of my actuators.
Doesn't work properly with a turbo timer because it unlocks the doors after it gets no ignition signal. So if you lock the doors and walk off, the turbo timer is keeping the engine on and after thats done it unlocks.. THis wouldn't be a problem for most on here though.
It only comes with a 1 point immobilizer but thats an easy fix if you know what you're doing.
Doesn't come with a backup battery siren but once again an easy fix.
The remote start function doesn't always work. sometime it requires you to press it again. NOt too sure if its this brand or a remote start function in general.
Doesn't come with a bonnet and boot pin switch.

For the price its pretty good but i would spend a few hundred more and get an australian standard alarm that will protect your car better.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
cyclops have a 3 stage immobilizer alarm system with battery back up etc that piggybacks onto the standard system already in the car there a great investment.

and ozzie there is also the other side of ur statement were the thief hears the beep beep and think oh **** another thing i have to work around to get that car. . . . nah not worth it.

if your smart u will put in as many deterants as you can. ie. club lock, alarm, imob, remove everything remotely valuable from site, and make ur alarm go beep beep