Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car alarm going off when connecting battery

Blueglow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
I finally got my bonnet open to change the battery and upon connecting my new battery the car alarm started going off, my key remote doesnt work so ive had to manually unlock the doors and I put my key in the ignition and tried starting it when the car alarm was going off but it didnt work.. i turned on the accessories but the car alarm was still going off....

is it possible the open bonnet is setting it off? so if i closed it the alarm would stop...

im pretty sure the key contacts are a bit worn because when i but them into the ignition the security light is still flashing on the dash (had that problem for ages took me a while to realise pressing unlock on the keypad worked, but now the keys are flat)

is there a way to disable the alarm?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
There's a button near the hood latch/hook inserts in front of the radiator that will trigger it if the alarm was previously set. Placing your keys in the ignition and turning it on should disable it. Even press the mode button and see what happens.

Blueglow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
yeah i connected the battery and the alarm was going off then i tried to turn the car on and it revved up a bit then died off. alarm was still going it didnt stop.

I think the contact on the key is **** as well, this is a nightmare.

Would turning the car to the on position and then connecting the battery make a difference?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Your buttons don't work on the key pad? You only have to have the ignition to "ON" that should cancel it out. Very Strange........... You really need the unlock button on the pad working.....

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Battery in remote dead.
the metal nub is not contacting the metal ring around the ignition.