Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car dealer are very agitating. Tried to raise the price during negotiations.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I'd walk. Go find another car.

Already done and I feel good about it. I'd pay sticker price for the car if I didn't have to get rid of mine. But for my own personal reasons, I can't keep both cars at the same time. If someone came and bought my caprice today for $17000 (which is a good price) I'd call the dealer and pay sticker price for the Lexus.

/posted via mobile device\

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Already done and I feel good about it. I'd pay sticker price for the car if I didn't have to get rid of mine. But for my own personal reasons, I can't keep both cars at the same time. If someone came and bought my caprice today for $17000 (which is a good price) I'd call the dealer and pay sticker price for the Lexus.

/posted via mobile device\

Man, if you were up here and I were still lookin, I would totally nab your Caprice for $17K. It's a shame neither of those two criteria are filled, innit :p

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
We would probably consider it if we could sell our Senator. Missus wants to sell it, I'd rather not.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
As others have said and by the sound of it you already have, use your feet. The moment car salesmen get smart with me I usually say "thanks for your time" turn around and walk away. Also unless this lexus is something real special I wouldn't even think about giving the car yard my money for it, there's plenty of cars out there waiting for your money and if the one you want isn't it will be soon.

aidannn

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
if you had sufficient evidence and lots of time, you could take the matter to the office of fair trading in regards to them not selling at advertised price. But at the end of it all, the car you wanted would be sold, the dealer would get a slap on the wrist & you'd get stuff all compensation.

actually this would be untrue. you would not be able to take it to the fair trading (well you could, but it would be a waste of time).
The way it goes is person offers to sell something (in this case, the dealer) for a said price. someone (you in this case) go and re-offer (even it is the same price) and they re offer again/accept.
if you understood all that

but yeah, maybe take it to the managers there?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The price of the car wasn't the issue, the amount offered for the trade in changed. There is no law that says a dealer can't change the offer before the OTP is signed.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Also unless this lexus is something real special I wouldn't even think about giving the car yard my money for it, there's plenty of cars out there waiting for your money and if the one you want isn't it will be soon.

I did my research, for the options and value of the vehicle, it is a really good price. My fathers friend who owns the most prestigious dealership in WA gave it a look over, spoke to wholesales confirmed. But I am sticking to my $17,000 trade in. I'm not letting the caprice go for under $17,000, especially to this dealer. Even if its just a matter of principle.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I actually had to go back to the dealer. They forgot to give me back my drivers license and I forgot to pick take it.

I made a complain with the dealer in the way the situation was handled. I spoke to the user-car manager who, in my option, was just as surprised with the way his staff and his boss handled it.

I advised that I am interested in the vehicle and yet I am sticking to my offer, and that's the end of it. He said we will look into it. He said $17,000 is a good private price for my caprice and if I sell it before the Lexus is sold/given to their service-manager, I will take the car.