Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car detailing thread

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I haven't seen any threads on car detailing. I am wanting to get a few stains out of my seats and give the carpets in my car a good clean.

What have people used to do this? Has anyone got a pro out with a steam cleaner or anything like that? Has anyone used those Britex machines at the supermarket for rent to clean the interior of their car? I am just wondering whether I should get a steam cleaning company to do it or would one of those rental machines work fine. I have used them on house carpets before and they seem to work ok. I'm not sure if they do a good as job as the pros have.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
depending on how bad the stains are (and what they are from) you can get good results from just using upholstry cleaner.
you'd be suprised what a couple of appilcations of it can do to bad stains.
i use it all the time, just a $10 bottle of upholstry cleaner... you spray on and it foams up, then you wipe the area with a rag and its clean.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Mainly grease stains.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
press the back button, look at the stickies at the top of the page, note the keywords "detailing tips and tricks" and see what you can find!

was it you whos eyesight has been commented on before?! lol

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I must be blind. I'd click the back button but if it's going to take me more than 5 seconds to have the page load, I will press the X button on the browser. Why is this site slow in the past few days?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
not sure but im noticing it right now as well. figured it was just congestion on my connection but must be something else.
bloody dial-up.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
As for the site running slow atm, I'm guessing the end of the month means high bandwidth totals means a slack in allowances?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
zoist said:
Mainly grease stains.

yeah, just grab some polyglaze upholstry cleaner to get them out....a while back i bought some vr berlina seats from a wreckers and they were filthy with grease (i think mainly from the wrecking guy...his hands were black when i spoke to him)...used a whole can of upholstry cleaner and they came up a treat, not a mark on them.