Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car feeling sluggish.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Tried to go for a gap in traffic at the roundabout and the car seems very sluggish for some reason. Then was going up a hill, put foot down and it seems like it's revving hard but not really moving then all of a sudden the check engine light came on. Any Ideas? Yesterday it was like jumping into drive from park when I went to drive it. Please don't tell me the gearbox is playing up now, what could it be? Any ideas?

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Most likely dirty fuel filter or dodgy fuel pump. I think the fuel filter is inside the tank on VE's, might need to get a qualified mechanic to change it for you.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
No filter - only a mesh sock on the pump inlet.

If it's revving and not going anywhere chances are it's trans related.

I hate to stress it again but if you have an engine light on STOP TRYING TO GUESS WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT AND GET THE ERROR CODES LOOKED AT. If I slapped every muppet that calls me at work to ask "I have an engine light on, what's wrong with it" I'd have worn through my palm half a dozen times.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
How do I do that if iam broke and not working ATM? No one will read it for free so I have to try and guess what it is.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
this thread is retarded.

you have a code

take that code to a holden tech

WHY THE #### WOULD IT BE A FUEL FILTER?????

Did you read the previous posts or you just want to make your own assumption, your real helpful mate. Give me some money and ill take it there. Otherwise don't bother mate if you can't help. Just asked for some general idea not an idea on what you feel. Why wouldn't it be a fuel filter?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You could well damage the engine if you don't do something about that warning light.

Suggest DON'T drive it until you can afford to have it fixed.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
You could well damage the engine if you don't do something about that warning light.

Just my luck, start a new job next week and can't get there unless I drive. My other two cars are in pieces so that throws a spanner in the works. It has had this engine light come on when I put e10 in the car and every time I run it low and put 98 back in, the light goes away but today it has half a tank of 98 in it and its sluggish and light came on. It's not making it up hills like normal and has to kickback to a lower gear when it normally doesn't have to, to make it up this particular hill I go up everyday:

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

This was going to be my suggestion.
If you have no money, don't drive the car until you know exactly what the problem is. Don't F around taking some randoms comment on a forum.