Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] car insurance 3rd party fire and theft help

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
Just do some research and shop around even if u find an insurer for fird party fire and feft thats only a couple of bux cheaper than ur current 1 better in ur pocket than those asshole insurance companies its the principle of the thing! but at ur age id be having a conversation with justcar and if u get an idiot that spews a rediculous figure at u either ask to speak to some1 else or ring back later and talk to a different person cos alot of the phone operators for insurance companies seem to know sweet fa about anything and are idiots!

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
my ctp+fire and theft excess is $1100... :S

If I crash I'll just BAIL BAIL BAIL
actually better not..

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
i've been with a few companies and one i try to avoid is just cars, basically because of the excess.
shannons was good, currently with aami until i hit 25 and then prob just go back to shannons or raa
i like to be able to choose who i get to repair the car, but thats with full comp

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
yea ashbox has a point here but as im young and money is short its hard and $700 a year is alot compaired to about half that 4 just car

jay_wr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina wagon 5.7
Jeez mate $700 is cheaps as for full comp when your 17 if that is for full comp?, When i got my first vs i insured it with racv which costed about $2200 per year compared to just car who wanted $2800, and the total excess inc age n all that shiz was about 1k

jay_wr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina wagon 5.7
Oh sorry just noticed it was for 3rd party. in that case, thats crap as, make some phone calls or do some online quotes

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
yea thats what i have been doing, but i understand the 17 and irrisposible that all insurance companies do and i pay heaps. and im not a stupid driver neva had my car pulled over, never had a fine, and neva had a crash. so yea im just worried that if i switch i might get some problems if i do have a crash with a cheaper insurance companies. so yea but i am sick of payin the $700 with cgu and my mates are payin $400 for there just car. also i went into the CGU store in my area asking a few questions and they where rude and arrogant towards me, poor quality considering they are suposedly trying to sell a product so im planning on changing :D