Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAR INSURANCE... Any Ideas???

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
RACV, was with AAMI, my insurance went up 400 bucks after no claims or anything, and racv was about 800 cheaper than their new quote

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
dont forget to check COLES insurance, I still cant believe they do insurance.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
dont forget to check COLES insurance, I still cant believe they do insurance.
Why not? They are a part of the Wesfarmers group who have their own insurance company............if you read the fine print it is most likely underwritten by WFI.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Your best bet would be to go to Shannon’s, because any other insurance company would be asking over $300 PM, because they classify Clubsports as a High performance car.

not every other company, plus as most know there are so many variations.
Also sporty, performance models etc.. attract higher quotes for 2 main reasons, people tend to drive faster in them and they are more desirable to theives.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Why not? They are a part of the Wesfarmers group who have their own insurance company............if you read the fine print it is most likely underwritten by WFI.
true, but WFI could have called it anything they liked.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
we were with AAMI for both our cars
but this year changed to RACQ for one of them better agreed value
probably change the other when it is due
haven't claimed with either company so wouldn't have a clue what they are actually like

All of my insurance is with RACQ, all the cars, house, contents etc. I've only ever had one claim, a leaking roof destroyed some carpet in the living room, they were no problems to deal with, and they have always been cheaper than anyone else when I shop for insurance to suit my needs.
When you ask them for an online quote that includes mods though, they tell you to call them, and I wanted to include mods in the quote I posted which is why I posted the AAMI quote. It would be interesting to call RACQ and find out I guess.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
shannons here paying $900 for an agreed valaue of $40,000 with all my mods listed

not bad for a 22 yr old still on p's

geez thats impressive.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
shannons here paying $900 for an agreed valaue of $40,000 with all my mods listed

not bad for a 22 yr old still on p's

I'm also impressed with that. Very good deal, considering your demographic and the value of the car. Thats annually I assume?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
I'm also impressed with that. Very good deal, considering your demographic and the value of the car. Thats annually I assume?

yes annually :)

then also paying $100 for my vs on 3rd party

edit: although it wasnt easy getting it insured with shannons i think it was my fourth time applying for it, all the other times they kept denying me for some reason