Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car insurance for modified cars

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Hey guys,

I would like to hear some suggestions on car insurance, i've tried to go through some of the big names GIO NRMA ect..
The cheapest i currently could find is $2800 premium with $750 excess (which due to funds i had to lower the premium and highten the excess to $1000 premium and $3000 excess)
But most will just turn me down on account the "car is modified"
I'm 20 years old and have a modified commy, I'm happy not to insure the modifications, but most say "you must disclose any modifications".

Any ideas?

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Try justcars insurance. They do modified vehicles & there pretty cheap. Now when an insurance company tells you to disclose any modifications they mean it, otherwise in the event of an accident they wont insure you if they don't know about any mods you've done to your car.

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Yeah Justcar worked out to be the second cheapest, at $1300 premium and $1700 excess.

Still seems a touch steep for insurance doesn't it? or is this just the price.

I'm possitive my dad said a while ago his full comp insurance is $600 with $500 excess. Now obviously it would be cheaper because he's alot older and more experienced driver, but the difference of about $2000... common...

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
A new player in the insurance game is
Australia Post!
Try them. They claim to insure modded.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Hahaha are you serious? They would probably lose the car when they take it for repairs!

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
Agh AAMI and Justcar seem to be my only options.. although they're basically the same company.

I'm with RACV at the moment and seem ok with my current mods. Never had any problems with them so far but i'm going from full comprehensive to 3rd party in the coming renewal. I will most likely switch to justcar.

Bit expensive though but if anyone in ur family is a member i'm fairly sure i get discounts