Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Interior Maintenance?

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
It's been about 15 years since I had a car worth looking after, so i'm a bit out of it.
Only had my VS for 2 months or so, and wondered what people used for keeping the dash and door trims clean with. Is something like Armour All still regarded as okay, or do more modern cars use/need something different now.
Thanks for any advice.
Kenny

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
If door trims are really dirty on mine, vinyl, or the dash, plastic, i hook into it with warm soapy water, let it dry off and then hook in with the armourall.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
same

GO THE MIGHTY ARMOR ALL

philscat

Reaction score
kick me if ya will, but inside the car this stuff rules - Meguairs Natural Shine Protectant. Its expensive, but makes armourall, look like a very, very cheap finish. I was an "armouraller" till i tried it. Check it out. It Rox.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
QUOTE (philscat @ Apr 18 2004, 07:47 PM) kick me if ya will, but inside the car this stuff rules - Meguairs Natural Shine Protectant. Its expensive, but makes armourall, look like a very, very cheap finish. I was an "armouraller" till i tried it. Check it out. It Rox.
isnt that the stuff second hand dealers use to make the dash look like new, and it looks like someone has rubbed oil into the dash?

D

death-from-above

Just be careful with amourall because it will make any white lettering or such fade. I wont use it on plastic that has writing on it and instead just use a a clean cloth with a little bit of soapy water. But on the dash and doors by all means use armourall. Oh i've found the best sort of amourall is the non-gloss one, it wont make the dsash seem like a mirror and direct the sun into your eyes. Also not as sticky to touch (i.e cleaning the steering wheel).

philscat

Reaction score
Yeah salem, I can see how it makes second hand stuff look like new. Bit on the expensive side for a 2nd hand dealer I would have thought.
The rubbing of oil into the dash is something I haven't heard of before - and hopefully never experience! (Do they do this too?)
The maguires stuff certainly make the vinyl/plastic stuff look excellent on my VT! (both inside and out)
Not slippery either, which I like.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Thanks guys for the info. I think i'll try that Meguairs stuff, depending on how much it costs. If it's ridicusouly expensive, i'll stick with trying the Non-gloss Armourall.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
yep, meguiars all the way! i have just bout every meguiars product under the sun, it would prolly explain why every1 comments on how clean the families cars are
handy hint: make sure u spray the shine onto a cloth before hitting the dash with it
spraying it onto the dash and then whiping it is all very well n good, cept if u dont get the overspray off, its a porker to get off later

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I hate overspray specially when i get it on glass or plastic GRRR