Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Mp3

R

Robbie

Pioneer do have some really nice head units for MP3's... They also have the one that does WMA files as well. I am going to look at a similar deck when the new models come out, either get an old/current one on clearance or if they are worth it I will buy a new one

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I've been having a look around and i'm a bit dissapointed that there are not many hard drive units available for a cheaper price. I found 1 place that makes 10 stack mp3/cd stacker units but I got no idea if the brand is any good or not. I don't want these crappy single cd mp3 players.. I want a whole hard drive full to take on the road. Digital music the the way of the future.

Pioneer's one costs more than your average joe's car! You could setup a car dvd system for less.

R

Robbie

lol ture...

But I do have a friend who is working on an "in the middle" option.. between Hard drive and single disc.. I'll let you know when he works more out.. I think he will be producing them too...

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I'd be interested to see any pics of this setup if you can get em.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I've got an alpine mp3 unit, hardly use the mp3 function anymore, especially with over half of my files being wma, due to media player converting them that way. Not to mention a lack of bass and quality, its not huge, but you do notice it.

Yeah, having a fair bit of songs on one cd is handy indeed - it gets annoying sorting songs and finding what your after in particular, but I have them in different categories, rock, rap, slow, old.. etc - top 50 even if I wanted. You can keep them in folders on the disc too.

Oh well, best of luck

holdenlover

Reaction score
VXWAGMAN,

If you change your deck doesn’t that mean your steering controls will be useless??
I've wanted to put something decent in mine but that stopped me.

On another note........
QUOTE They also have the one that does WMA files as well
If you do happen to get a deck that does WMA files. You probably already know that they are around half the size of an MP3. So you’re looking at 200 - 250 songs on each disk - not bad.

Mick.

R

Robbie

Pioneer only had one deck that did WMA last year I think but I think there is more to come.. You can get that at no sacrafice for quality on the deck.. as for other brands i don't know...

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
QUOTE (holdenlover @ Jan 14 2004, 09:22 PM) VXWAGMAN,

If you change your deck doesn’t that mean your steering controls will be useless??
I've wanted to put something decent in mine but that stopped me.

On another note........
QUOTE They also have the one that does WMA files as well
If you do happen to get a deck that does WMA files. You probably already know that they are around half the size of an MP3. So you’re looking at 200 - 250 songs on each disk - not bad.

Mick.
Well maybe.. Maybe not.. I know you can get interface cables for the controls and sony head units. If i had to I would take the Holden controls off and change them to one that I would get with the head unit.

The easiest was I think is to get the interface and interface with with a good Sony or Pioneer head unit and then get one of these

http://ssiamerica.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...egory_Code=napi

This will allow me to interface anything with RCA to the head unit and play through the stacker controls. Any kind of Mp3 player like Ipod or even a mp3 stacker will work.

holdenlover

Reaction score
Would this work on my standard deck?
Or does it only work with stackers?

M

milz

ive got a sansui CDR-9950 60w x 4channel mp3 head unit it hammers
has rca front & rear amp outputs
subwoofer rca outputs
auxiliary input rca's for minidisc / microphone / record deck (for the dj's in the vl's)

comes with a crappy remote works well a few metres from the car as long as its in direct view if the head unit.

also has a cd/md changer connector and pretty lights on the front.

as for .WMA files get a converter program. or just dont encode in .wma
use music match jukebox to convert your files to .mp3 if your connected to the internet it recognises your cds the same as windows media player. and you can encode straight to folders then use nero or something to burn straight to mp3 and voilla
of course you need the registered version for it to work properly. kazaa and similar programs like that have the versions that possibly dont need registering but its enter at your own risk there.

any other info you may require just chuck us an email.