Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car not starting plz help

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
hey guys this morning i started my car and it was about to leave to go out and realised i forgot my wallet. so i turned my car off went in side got my wallet locked the house and went to start my car. and wouldnt start the engine is turning over but nothing is happening

so i left it and its been an hour now and tryed again and no go

someone plzzzzz help :bow:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
1) check for fuel pressure
2) check for injector fire
3) check for spark

then let us know which one it doesn't have, or if it has both.

to check for pressure, remove fuel line before regulator
to check for injector fire, hold a screwdriver to injectors and ear while someone cranks the car
to check for spark, throw a screwdriver up a spark lead, and watch for short to chassis.

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
1) check for fuel pressure
2) check for injector fire
3) check for spark

then let us know which one it doesn't have, or if it has both.

to check for pressure, remove fuel line before regulator
to check for injector fire, hold a screwdriver to injectors and ear while someone cranks the car
to check for spark, throw a screwdriver up a spark lead, and watch for short to chassis.

got all them
no probs with any :(

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
How long have you tried cranking it for? Possible it's just flooded?

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
How long have you tried cranking it for? Possible it's just flooded?

tried cranking it for a bit, ill let it sit for an hour or so or more n see if it starts n let u know

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
your car started fine first go correct .. but then you turned it off quickly and went inside ... then it would not start ..

could be your fuel pump isnt turning off quick enough when you turn ignition off so flooding engine ..

or

my guess ... its winter ... theres alot of condensation .. and when you started her up the condensation in the airbox got sucked to throttle body ..

it might sound weird but it does happen ... especially if you leave near the sea ...

if engines already running .. then it just idles bad ... until engine warms up and is evaporated ... if it happens again spray some start ya bastard right into the throttle body ..

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
wheres the fuel pump fuse located
your car started fine first go correct .. but then you turned it off quickly and went inside ... then it would not start ..

could be your fuel pump isnt turning off quick enough when you turn ignition off so flooding engine ..

or

my guess ... its winter ... theres alot of condensation .. and when you started her up the condensation in the airbox got sucked to throttle body ..

it might sound weird but it does happen ... especially if you leave near the sea ...

if engines already running .. then it just idles bad ... until engine warms up and is evaporated ... if it happens again spray some start ya bastard right into the throttle body ..

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
theres nothing that says fuel pump
Fuel pump rela is locacted under the plastic fuse box next to your coolant header tank. It should have fuel pump written above it.