Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car probs

dave20089

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5 speed wagon
i have a vr 5 speed it idles real low n stals heps on me even when im crusin it will just loose revs n stals up and it chews heaps of fuel runs real dodgy to mayby droppin a cylinder is that coil pack related ??
n it has really sluggish exhaleration to ?? engine light comes on heaps to n when i have the aircon on it sucks heaps out of the motor like u can feel it loose power when i turn it on

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
Stuffed leads,plugs,oxygen sensors,dirty injectors? just a cple of possible causes.
oxygen sensors would make it run a bit rough and use extra fuel,should be changed around every 100,000klms.

dave20089

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5 speed wagon
i just changed the leads n plugs i was told about the ox sensore ill do that anyway but i noticed a hole in the exhaust to would cause major issues klike that ??

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
nah a leaky exhaust would just make you loose a bit of power and be noisy,wouldnt cause it to stall and idle rough.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Coolant temp sensor may also be stuffed - this tell the ECU that the engine is warm/hot and to vary the amount of fuel the injectors squirt in. Also possible the catalytic converter is starting to block....or maybe the exhaust has a kink in it from rocks/boulders.