Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Running Warmer Than Normal

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
For some reason my post did not post.

I attempted bleeding the air, but there was no air, just a steady stream of fluid. Even overflowed the coolant reservoir.

One thing I did notice though, either of 2 fans behind the radiator are not engaging. They just stay turned off. Could this be due to over working the other day when the car got red hot? And could this be the reason the car is running hotter?

I am 80% sure the fans were working before the heater tap went.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If you turn your A/C on, do you get one of the fans spinning?

There could be a relay issue causing the fans not to come on. How confident are you with identifying relays and swapping them around?

If you swap the relay, and you still cant get the fans to come on then it's not a relay issue. If you swap the relay and the fans come on, it's a relay issue.

You didnt unplug the thermo's? There is a grey plug by the P/S Reservoir. Check that is in and tight.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
If you turn your A/C on, do you get one of the fans spinning?

There could be a relay issue causing the fans not to come on. How confident are you with identifying relays and swapping them around?

If you swap the relay, and you still cant get the fans to come on then it's not a relay issue. If you swap the relay and the fans come on, it's a relay issue.

You didnt unplug the thermo's? There is a grey plug by the P/S Reservoir. Check that is in and tight.

I had the A/C running full hot for about 5 minutes, and still no fans.

I've never tried swapping relays, but if it requires little to no tools, then I am eager to try! I checked all the wires running from the fans and checked all the connections, and none seemed lose or damaged.

I had 2 plugs near the PS reservoir and both looked fine to me.

edit: I see the grey plug you are talking about now, under the reservoir. But it wasn't unplugged and looked good to me.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
one is for your a/c the other is controlled by your temp sensor.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
one is for your a/c the other is controlled by your temp sensor.

Ok, so the one for the A/C turned on.. The one for the temp sensor has not turned on at all, even after driving for 5 mins, with temp needle just below half way.

Any ideas?