Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car stalled whilst driving

TaraMascara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Sedan
Hi Guys, I was driving the other day and my car stalled whilst I was driving, it then wouldn’t start, so I towed it home, and tried to start it again, and it started and ran fine for two weeks, I took my niece to the park and we went to leave and the car wouldn’t start, tried a few times but it wouldn’t fire up, waited 10 minutes then it started, it was serviced only 4 weeks ago, what on earth could be wrong with it? Thank you, oh and it’s a 2002 VY sedan, auto.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hi Guys, I was driving the other day and my car stalled whilst I was driving, it then wouldn’t start, so I towed it home, and tried to start it again, and it started and ran fine for two weeks, I took my niece to the park and we went to leave and the car wouldn’t start, tried a few times but it wouldn’t fire up, waited 10 minutes then it started, it was serviced only 4 weeks ago, what on earth could be wrong with it? Thank you, oh and it’s a 2002 VY sedan, auto.
If it’s only doing it when the engine is hot it’s probably the crank angle sensor. The CAS goes open circuit when it’s hot then when it cools back down it reconnects and works fine.