Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Wash People!

lehma06

lehma06
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I was wondering if anyone could help. We're having a real hard time trying to find a stable & reliable person to wash & clean our car for us. We keep getting told by people that they've got too much work & one guy that was going to help us has now put us off 3 times. We have a VE SV6 Commodore & we really want to find someone reliable that we know will do a good job & come & do the car regularly. If anyone knows of any mobile car wash people that aren't too busy to help us out, we'd greatly appreciate it. We're at Logan. Thanks :)

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Can't you do it yourself?? Got to a car wash place, some petrol stations have good ones. If you love your car then you should be enjoying washing it yourself.

Well I do.

lehma06

lehma06
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Well...I'd do it myself except we both work 6 days a week & we have a baby to take care of in the meantime so that is why we need someone else to do it. Please don't respond unless you know of someone who can help us out as I take offence to that comment.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Well...I'd do it myself except we both work 6 days a week & we have a baby to take care of in the meantime so that is why we need someone else to do it. Please don't respond unless you know of someone who can help us out as I take offence to that comment.

Well, sorry if I offend you as I don't know you guys work 6 days and have a baby as you didn't mention it.. That post from me is just my input based on what I think is ok and that you have a good car to be able to enjoy washing on.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Well, sorry if I offend you as I don't know you guys work 6 days and have a baby as you didn't mention it.. That post from me is just my input based on what I think is ok and that you have a good car to be able to enjoy washing on.

I enjoy washing my car and would much prefer to do it myself but due to water restrictions I have to pay someone to do a half assed job. Kind of annoying really.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yeah I use the car washes and do it myself, but for a full on detail i'd pay for sure.

If you dont have time but are willing to pay and dont slap me for saying this but pay the local "im keen to earn pocket money" kid to do it,

Just show them how to do it properly and maybe you will get a good job, besides they are easier to manipulate into doing the job right.

Just dont ask them to polish and or buff it because then you'd just be asking for a disaster.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
rochedale south as in brisbane?. if it was me altho i was the car myself no point in payn someone atm when its multicolourd but id prefer to get an inderpended person as to a james or jims pne as there in an out. the little man does do good job i think.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
i used to wash cars privately.........$40 inside and out, was told i do a better job than alot of the businesses and I know VIP charge alot......extra $35 if you wanted a polish. How much were you paying? I had 3 regulars, good for boozing money. U should post an ad in here im sure you will find someone and also here you know they have the "love" for the car.

quiksilv3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII L67 Statesman
Yeah I use the car washes and do it myself, but for a full on detail i'd pay for sure.

If you dont have time but are willing to pay and dont slap me for saying this but pay the local "im keen to earn pocket money" kid to do it,

Just show them how to do it properly and maybe you will get a good job, besides they are easier to manipulate into doing the job right.

Just dont ask them to polish and or buff it because then you'd just be asking for a disaster.

Got to remember that most people who have never owned a car will have no idea what goes into a good wash

I wash my car by hand, but a bunch of the people at work get their cars washed each week by a mobile guy who does a good job (Kelvin Grove - will find the details - think it may be Penguin Car Cleaners). It is $60 inside and out, or $30 outside and $30 inside.