Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car washing, waxing and detailing

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Would it be possible to have a detailing section? There seems to be a lot to waxing and detailing. It would be good to have some knowledgeable members share what they know.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Would it be possible to have a detailing section? There seems to be a lot to waxing and detailing. It would be good to have some knowledgeable members share what they know.
YouTube has it all

Product brand discussions are like what is the best oil brand and weight for a 100k km ecotech

In saying that, I always go for stuff in the middle of the price range of well known brands

My main advice would to be careful when compounding and polishing, and always start by stripping off old sealers and waxes, sealers and waxes WILL fill with little bits of contaminants, like brake dust, ash, and small sand and silts

Waxes and sealers are a sacrificial layer to protect the paint

Oh, and ash from bush fires turn caustic when wet, even a dew in the morning with activate the ash, that stuff will eat the clear coat and paint

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Even though I consume far too much alcohol, if my memory serves me correctly, there was a thread some years ago in which people described their washing and polishing methods in great detail. Also what polishes and waxes they preferred.

And yeah, as Ginger Beer said:-Youtube.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Second this , would be good to have a specific area

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I think it would be a good section. That way, we can list recommendations of detailing products and those which aren’t really good too and should be avoided