Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car washing

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
waterless carwashes

has anyone tried these waterless car washing products?
if you have what was your opinion of it?

jacko

Reaction score
i would think they're more for use inbetween 'normal' water washes... i wouldn't use it if your car is really dirty, but just inbetween the times you wash it with the hose and bucket.

Dexn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
jacko said:
i would think they're more for use inbetween 'normal' water washes... i wouldn't use it if your car is really dirty, but just inbetween the times you wash it with the hose and bucket.

Yeah, that was my impression too. If your car's a little dusty or "lightly soiled" :p then they work great. But not if they're filthy... and I suppose it's still debatable as to whether you're sanding your car while your at it (though I think the manafacturer of those things say you're not - apparently it "encapsulates the dirt" and doesn't drag it over the rest of your paintwork).

Be nice to get some peoples opinions, if it really did work well I wouldn't mind getting one just "touch ups" :thumbsup:

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
With the water troubles were having in the larger brisbane area it looks liek i may just trial some of this stuff. its been quite agonising not being able to wash my car. total of 5 weeks now and she's very dirty. good thing i whacked two coats of gold class on the car last time i washed it.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I use those things where you put $1 coins in. The high pressure sprays.. Does an awesome job and gives you a mad wax and clean for maximum $10..

I swear by it.. Especially when you've got tough mud stains or bird poo on your car. The high pressure soap works a treat..

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
I'll stick to the old high pressure washer I've got at home.. I don't like to use those one's you've gotta pay for as the water is recycled and who knows how good their filters are so with all the grime that gets washed off the other cars, you could be sand blasting your paint work.. You've gotta think about the brushes you can use as well, they'd be full of grit too so using them on hard to remove road grime is probably scratching your duco as well. Spend a hundred or so on a high pressure washer so you can clean your car at home. They're water restriction legal in Victoria for the time being so use them.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
my car almost never sees a was, it would probably go into shock if i did, cos i do so much dirt road driving, Washing my car: Rain, cleaning off hard stuck grit: hail.

(now ill probably get a lecture on looking after my paintwork but the paint was screwed before i got it)

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i've read up on it but was just wondering if anyone has used it because it sounds too good to be true.
my car is lucky to get a wash every month or two

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
meh... my car is washed atleast once a week....
and although i use the local car wash i high pressure wash the brush first and if i think its not good enough my sponge from the boot comes out and =) high pressure soap with no brush!
works a treat.....