Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car with painted rear diffuser

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
All Purpose Cleaner - or general purpose cleaner - works like a degreaser essentially. The good thing about the unpainted plastic is you can get away with using harsher chemicals than you would with a painted surface, so they're easier to clean. Autoglym's PM3 (from CCP) is very good. A 4:1 mix with water should clean the plastic up really well. Just don't let it dry on the surface. You'll have the same issues trying to keep matte paint clean as you do with the unpainted plastic - except you won't be able to be as rough with it.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I was thinking about this the other day but hadn't seen it done before. The red looks ok i think, but i do like the white! It would be tricky to match the paint though would it not?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
All Purpose Cleaner - or general purpose cleaner - works like a degreaser essentially. The good thing about the unpainted plastic is you can get away with using harsher chemicals than you would with a painted surface, so they're easier to clean. Autoglym's PM3 (from CCP) is very good. A 4:1 mix with water should clean the plastic up really well. Just don't let it dry on the surface. You'll have the same issues trying to keep matte paint clean as you do with the unpainted plastic - except you won't be able to be as rough with it.

Hmmm.... fair point. Might have to change my idea. What about a satin paint

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
same issue really - you'd be looking at gloss and clear to make an impact. Even then, grit will still cling to the inside of any honeycomb - still need to work at it with a soft brush. Plus, the other thing is, you'll need to do something to protect it other than a quick spray and wipe of protectant.

actually.. I have an idea... pm sent.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
same issue really - you'd be looking at gloss and clear to make an impact. Even then, grit will still cling to the inside of any honeycomb - still need to work at it with a soft brush. Plus, the other thing is, you'll need to do something to protect it other than a quick spray and wipe of protectant.

Thanks mate. Will have a think about it.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride

Thanks mate. Will have a think about it.

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Get it professionally painted with a matte clear coat bonners. Because matte black spraycan tends to be very weak and also porous.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vinyl wrap it carbon fibre haha.
Dont laugh. I did consider it but I think the shape is too complex for it to be done