Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car wont start after engine change???? help!!

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Inside your key head is the other half to your security system if the battery is dead flat the key wont disable the immobiliser thus the injectors won't come on

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
There is a little metal nipple on the key that makes contact with the ignition when contact is made the code is then sent to the bcm for the car to be able to start

laver

burn rubber not your soul
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
if the batterys flat the cars central locking wont work right? my central locking works.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Providing your pushing the button to unlock it then the key is fine and will now come down to fuses and relays also double check that all wires are plugged in sometimes things aren't as they seem its a pity I'm not near you or I'd be helping I'm in the middle of no where lol

laver

burn rubber not your soul
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
so you dont think its the bcm? if its not the bcm could it be as i mentioned the wiring for the old shitty gas that my mechanic kept in as a kill switch, could it be the relay that i lost from the wiring from the gas? and also while im typing away how do you tell if the black covered relays are buggered? cheers for the help guys!

VSSS_5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5L
how do you tell if the black covered relays are buggered? cheers for the help guys!

I've always swapped them around depending on what you're trying to troubleshoot at the time you can read on the fusebox thingy generally what each relay is for and use one that is not essential for making the car start to switch around into some other positions.