Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
sounds like the plastic ring that has the 2 metal contacts that goes around the ignition barrel needs to be rotated 90 degrees as my mate had replaced the ignition barrel in his VS and would always need to press the unlock button before he could start the car. once rotated the contact ring the car starts everytime now without the need to press the unlock button

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
sounds like the plastic ring that has the 2 metal contacts that goes around the ignition barrel needs to be rotated 90 degrees as my mate had replaced the ignition barrel in his VS and would always need to press the unlock button before he could start the car. once rotated the contact ring the car starts everytime now without the need to press the unlock button

will give it a try and report back thanks for the tip

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
its happning again engine fan blew again but this time just replaced and it was fine
i got home and started investigating found thermo fan conector plug realy hot
also ac fan is running continualy as is the thermo fan any body got any ideas
my idea is to disconect them both and just run wires to a switch on the dash

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
whilst playing tonight noticed also that thermo fan fan ran continueicely long story short pulled ac com relay out now thermo cuts in and out at the just before the halfway mark and car starts every time now

mmm now just have to figure the ac out all i know is it has no gas in it and one of the lp switches is open/closed circut.
any ideas woul be apreciated as its starting to get warmer and going to need/want it working

firs step get some gas can i use lpg / bbq gas any one know much about it and if ther are any modifications that have to be made (commpressor oil orifce/flow controll ect. just asking because ive heard some story's

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
cars can run on lpg instead of r134a but no, it needs some system modifications i dont know enough about to explain....

the fans have speed settings.... a/c stage 1 and stage 2?

if you pulled one relay out and it doesnt blow the fuse anymore then the short to graound is on the cricuit for that relay....
so as posted ^^^^^^ check from the relay and follow the circuit to find out where it is shorted to ground....
hint from what you have said about it running continuosly i would think that relay to the fan is ok but fan to earth or wherever it goes (dont remeber from memory) is shorted to ground.....

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
so far so good but the not starting unless i lock and open things come back any day now i think
this car has gremlins

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
well it happened again this time on the freeway engine fan fuse blew again but when i replaced it wires started to smoke from just near the oil pressure switch cut and joined wires there that were burnt and im back in action again still doing the unlock start thing