Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carbon fibre adhesive vinyl

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Can anybody on the forum comment on how durable carbon fibre adhesive vinyl is in the heat? I am looking at using it to cover a few trim items in the interior of the car but I'm concerned that the adhesive will fail in summer heat and the vinyl will lift and bubble. I'm thinking of covering a plain plastic trim that runs across the dash and continues onto the doors. At present they are dull flat black and look like crap and the carbon fibre might just give the interior a bit of a lift.

So, will it stay stuck down or will summer heat be too much for it?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
I've been running a no name ebay seller type carbon vinyl on the roof of my ute since early 2011. No dramas at all. Looks the same as when it was fitted (by me) zero care for it. Wash and dry like the rest of the car. Sits outside.
I've also done a few interior trim bit without issue

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
I've been running a no name ebay seller type carbon vinyl on the roof of my ute since early 2011. No dramas at all. Looks the same as when it was fitted (by me) zero care for it. Wash and dry like the rest of the car. Sits outside.
I've also done a few interior trim bit without issue
Do you have pics mate was thinking i might do this to mine as the paints starting to go on my roof Thanks in advance sorry for the thread jack.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Just to give you an idea what it does in different lights. Sunny and overcast days

2014-08-04193602_zpse4cbf813.png
[/URL

Last edited:

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
If it's got clear over it, it should last the life of the glue (3-6 years depending on brand, series and method of application. But be warned if you leave it on for the recommended life it will be one of the biggest missions to get off. Air bubbles or not in a car it will last for ages, outside is a different story, if you have a bubble pop it with a needle/pin or sharp blade, if it's controltac you can "press" it out as it's air release.