Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carbon Trading Scheme? WHY???

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
Higher levels of CO2 means lower levels of O2 and higher relative surface temperatures. Humans currently pollute the atmosphere with over 130 times more CO2 than volcanoes do. Whether you believe humans are contributing to climate change or it is just happening naturally as part of a cycle it doesn't change the fact it is happening.

If you were told by a doctor you were becoming unhealthy would you say "oh it's probably not because of all the junk food I eat." or "oh its just natural for me to get fat" or I'll just wait till it's a problem and then fix it."?

I do believe it is hard for people to understand how fragile our ecosystem is without witnessing the change themselves. Many people living in rural areas have been unfortunate enough to witness this change. Is it worth risking our planet?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
LMAO!!! If you seriously believe the human race can contribute significantly enough to cause negative affect on the planet, then you're plain deluded.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
LMAO!!! If you seriously believe the human race can contribute significantly enough to cause negative affect on the planet, then you're plain deluded.

What are you on about ?? No need to be an arsehole mate.

I said "Whether you believe humans are contributing to climate change or it is just happening naturally as part of a cycle it doesn't change the fact it is happening."

Anyway I personally don't know if we are (I haven't done that many tests **sarcasm**) but I have read a lot of papers by a scientists who beleive we are.
How do you know we can't? How do you know so much about our climate and the effect of the gasses and particles we contribute to the atmosphere?

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
as has been said, the ets is just another form of revenue raising, to pay for single teenage mothers or pensions. if we just vote for the other party then they will invent some right wing version of this bullshit. i know its stupid, but what can we do?

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
The fish are not biting today...

Maybe the government could all have the amount of our own pollution contribution put into a balloon every day and then we could fill out a pollution return form every financial year. Work out our deductions and maybe have a logbook recording how often we fart and release methane gas into the air etc. Whatever is left over has to be inhaled the following day. That would be incentive to not waste energy and contribute negatively to our environment...

**Prepares flame shield**

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
The fish are not biting today...

Maybe the government could all have the amount of our own pollution contribution put into a balloon every day and then we could fill out a pollution return form every financial year. Work out our deductions and maybe have a logbook recording how often we fart and release methane gas into the air etc. Whatever is left over has to be inhaled the following day. That would be incentive to not waste energy and contribute negatively to our environment...

**Prepares flame shield**

haha dont go giving them ideas!

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Its all a method of control, nothing more nothing less.

They can kiss my ass as far as im concerned.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I believe the Carbon Tax and the Mining Tax were really just methods devised by the ALP to get back the money they threw away on their stimulation programs. They spent up big time and needed to find a new source of a lot of money, quickly. Existing taxes would have taken too long and would have limited their ability to spend money the way they wanted.

I don't think there is any doubt what so ever on that one. As above, both are nothing more than another consumption tax that they are trying to implement by stealth.

Higher levels of CO2 means lower levels of O2 and higher relative surface temperatures. Humans currently pollute the atmosphere with over 130 times more CO2 than volcanoes do. Whether you believe humans are contributing to climate change or it is just happening naturally as part of a cycle it doesn't change the fact it is happening.

I really don't know who to believe on this one. There is no end of "highly respected" scientists and institutions each claiming exactly the opposite to be the indisputable fact, and each backed up by no end of evidence they claim that supports their point of view.

There are a few things that are indisputable.
1/ World crisis (perceived or otherwise) is good for the science business. Governments and philanthropic organizations around the world all want to be seen to help and tip bucket loads of money to the scientists.
2/ Lowering the worlds CO2 output is a win-win situation. Even if all the whole global warming camp are totally wrong, there is no downside to lowering un-natural CO2 emissions (and the other pollution that goes with it) that I can see.

If you were told by a doctor you were becoming unhealthy would you say "oh it's probably not because of all the junk food I eat."

Billions do.

Reaper

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Like the GTS people will get over it.

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
There are a few things that are indisputable.
1/ World crisis (perceived or otherwise) is good for the science business. Governments and philanthropic organizations around the world all want to be seen to help and tip bucket loads of money to the scientists.

Reaper

And now we have reached the crux of the debate. 20 odd years ago it was the ozone layer, now it's CO2 emissions, soon it will be something else. I'm not saying people who support this are flat out wrong, but it makes great sense for the scientific community to have a new "threat to civilisation" type scenario every 10-20 years.