Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Career Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
only know NZ cops from TV but they seem a bit more compassionate then their AUS counterparts good luck with the Career Change BTW

TV portraits people in what ever light they wish to be portraied, with this style of show.

Example, a show on telly Highway Patrol, there appears to be a decent copper on that show,(older one) as well as an arrogent couple (younger ones). It just appears with the NZ based one, they all seem to have a decent attitude....But guaranteed, there would be some arrogent lot, that don't make it on the telly.

That being said, good luck Commodore 665 with the career change....

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
TV portraits people in what ever light they wish to be portraied, with this style of show.

Example, a show on telly Highway Patrol, there appears to be a decent copper on that show,(older one) as well as an arrogent couple (younger ones). It just appears with the NZ based one, they all seem to have a decent attitude....But guaranteed, there would be some arrogent lot, that don't make it on the telly.

That being said, good luck Commodore 665 with the career change....

Sad thing is a lot of the older ones are getting out

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I like the signature :thumbsup:

I've been doing well of late, I've not run into any coppers arrogant or otherwise. Seems like I was been targeted a while back (Honest, I have no idea why........ LOL).

I've watched that NZ coppers show, I just shake my head at both the idiots and some of the coppers alike.....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sad thing is a lot of the older ones are getting out

This applies with the police force this side of the Tasman.....It is sad it's happening, as the older ones tend to have more "common sense" and not so gung ho.....

Best of luck with your new career and hope you have a happier time out on the open road, rather than dealing with a mountain of paper work and idiots associated with that

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
as the older ones tend to have more "common sense" and not so gung ho.....

I think the older ones are a bit more lenient as they are a carry over from a more easy going time. Young ones only know what it's like today and the way they are trained to deal with it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
This applies with the police force this side of the Tasman.....It is sad it's happening, as the older ones tend to have more "common sense" and not so gung ho.....

Best of luck with your new career and hope you have a happier time out on the open road, rather than dealing with a mountain of paper work and idiots associated with that

Thanks mate , I'm officially resigning on Friday , but they know it's coming, one months notice then a bit of a break then I kick off the new career , I won't miss the idiot factor of policing , but will inevitably face idiots on the road .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think the older ones are a bit more lenient as they are a carry over from a more easy going time. Young ones only know what it's like today and the way they are trained to deal with it.

I'd agree with that , older , wiser , and by and large more patient .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thanks mate , I'm officially resigning on Friday , but they know it's coming, one months notice then a bit of a break then I kick off the new career , I won't miss the idiot factor of policing , but will inevitably face idiots on the road .

Hopefully on the open road and travelling off the beaten track (so to speak) you'll be less likely to be running into said idiots.

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
Well I've also started making inroads to my career change too, but it's slightly more complicated. I've sold a house to free up some funds for a deposit on some land, and started looking around the area to get a feel for what areas are frost-prone etc.

Trouble is, I've also just been told there's a job for me on a major new platform that's being built at work, and this is a chance to get in and have a real impact on how it's designed. It also means keeping a very good income, while saying goodbye to a six-figure redundancy payout. If I didn't have a wife and kids to support it'd be an easier call, but up to 5 years with no steady income while I get some trees producing is just too big an ask for a single-income family.

So what I'm going to do is buy the land anyway, build a house (or move on an old villa and renovate it), grow some trees, and keep working at my day job, until I'm at a point where I can just quit and move on. Handily enough, in 5 years' time I'm also eligible for retirement (30 years continuous service), so I'll get a retirement payout from that if I quit anyway.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Get the redundancy and then get re-hired. That's the best option! And if they needs you, they'll do it... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.