Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CarOBDtool.com BEWARE!

Interloaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII Olympic Ed Wagon
Hi all,

I had my original tech2 stolen and given used originals are ridiculously expensive, I decided to buy a clone. Big mistake!!

I bought it from ChinaCarDiag.com, which has since vanished, put on new clothes and resurfaced as CarOBDtool.com

The 'all equipment double verified by our test engineers...12 months warranty, or more' is worth what you'd expect; nothing!
I've been dealing with the super-slippery 'Seven' there for over a month. By request, I sent pics, videos, self-test results, the cable test sheet, you name it. My BS meter was going off, regardless, I played nice, to no avail.

My issue is a faulty DLC main cable, which I had independently verified as faulty; one of the protocol signal lines has no continuity.
But before I spring for a replacement I was wondering, is there anyone in the Perth area with a tech2 that would be kind enough to let me use their cable for literally 2 mins?
Pull in your driveway, plug the cable into my tech2, attempt to scan my car, done!

As I don't want to order a new cable only to find there is something else also wrong with this unit. If there is, it's going in the bin; lesson learned.

Cheers!​

Attachments

• DLC.jpg
    DLC.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 60
  • CarOBDtool.com.jpg
    CarOBDtool.com.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 46

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1