Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cas

Torniquet

Reaction score
just wondering, how do u guys test a crank angle sensor when its off car? is it possible?

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
clap you hands 3 times and look at it for EXACTLY 43 seconds... if it explodes then its broken... if it dosnt then its probbly fine.......

lol on a more serious side i dont know of any way to test it off the car without actually testing it on a working motor

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
if you have the car and a balancer you can put through the cas and turn refer to the gregorys manual for testing procedure it tells you how to test it but you need a test light and a couple of jumper wires and the dfi module connected so your just going to have to plug it on the sensor harness on the car too test it I thought the book would show a resistance value but the hall effect sensor must be open circuit when its off so no multimetre test or something like that

Torniquet

Reaction score
thanks spanners:D

i had a feeling it'd be something like that, just curious eh

Torniquet

Reaction score
yea i do, just reading through it now =)

i dont accutally have one i need to test..just thought it'd come in handy one day at work..