Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

caster bush replacement

mangzilla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Clubsport
i took my car down for a wheel rotation and alignment this morning, when i picked it up they said i need to replace caster bushes. im not too familiar with what they are, but i had a quick browse on the net and whiteline caster bushes are worth around 120-150, which leaves me wondering how much would one expect to pay to have these done? they told me it'd be $399 for them to change them, and after seeing the parts price and what they are this seems a little steep, or is it somehow a big job?

mangzilla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Clubsport
wow that does look easy, $399 is a joke. cheers fellas.

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
No way paid $79 for polyurathane radius rod bushes of ebay and also changed the pivot rod bushes to nolothane from repco $33 =$112 all up

vnkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I got mine form the same seller form the second link you posted, i suggest them. Altho mine are black not red like they are in the picture. they are the whileline ones

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
mine are the same as the ones in the third link but of dif seller and feel much better. Any polyurathane bush will be better than oringinal fluid filled bush but if you have the money nolothane will last longer and slightly harder handling

mangzilla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Clubsport
i noticed there are adjustable castor bushes, and just castor bushes. is it worth paying the few extra bucks to have adjustable? or is the benefit minimal?

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
It easy to do, i did it lol.. Just make sure you have protection from the car falling on you. and get a nice torque ratchet and some grease. mine were adjustable, and i set them wrong. so i had to remove it and set it again. was funny almost looked like a irs rear end on ssl for a min.