Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cat back/Exhaust/Cost

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Can you guys give me some info on cat back exhausts and other mods (I have a VS II Exec in Brisbane) and whether it would cost around $100 or $1000.

Thanks,
Nial

niggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Well the best quote i've had so far is:

$330

But thats for a 2 1/2" pipe, 1 sports muffer, and from the cat back - i've already got extractors

This is for a VL though... so yeah... :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Most places you will be looking at around $400-500 for a cat back, but, add some extractors and that jumps to around $1K.
-Note-
These prices are for quality stuff like Lukey not dodgy 'sports exhaust'.
Cheers

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Im not looking for extractors yet, but, if i got a new cat back now, then got extractors later, would I get everything replaced down to the cat then?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
You could add some extractors later Nial.

The pacemakers come with what they call a tri Y piece which is a 2 into one mandrel bent engine pipe. In simple terms it's the bit between the extractors and cat.

S

surik677

I just got a price for my VT V8 but it would be the same or cheaper for a V6 the price was $700 from the catts back with good muflers & 2 1/2" duel pips including the tail pipes .At AUTO HUSH mufflers in Victoria.

FullySik

Reaction score
Guys you got to haggle a bit alsom, i got a cat back job for my old vl for $180 straight through muffler and 2.5". With my VR 5L i was lucky as it already had a 2.5' system on it only paid $40 to get the resinator chopped off.
If you are in Adelaide Aussie Discount Mufflers can do a cat back for around $240 2.5" with muffler.

T

t3zza

For my VT V8, it costs me to get the cats back, mandrel bent, x-pipe, dual 2 1/2 straight through for $420 inc installation. Nice dual tips as well and it looks really sweet and sounds even better... This was at performance pipes in brisbane...

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Was that performance pipes at acacia ridge, or one of the other ones?