Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cat Convert

06vzcalais

Reaction score
i recently decided to upgrade my exhaust system i currently have a 2.5" cat back and did have outlaw hiflow cats 2 of these i got pulled over by the local constablry and i now only have a cat back system with factory cats noise reasons blah blah blah but the guy at the unnamed workshop reckons i should actually be running 4 CATS yes thats right 4 cat converts is this guy insane or am i just not up with the times he could also be saying this cause my new lesser flow cats are $350 each

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i think some VZs did have 4 cats standard, so if yours had that many, im guessing you need to keep them all

06vzcalais

Reaction score
would this be for legal reasons or performance reasons cause if its just legal then maybe i can just flog out the cores in the first set with a star picket or simular sized bar weld a bit of 2.5" pipe thru the guts and abra kadabra "4" cat converts or so it would seem

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
i think you will find its something to do with euro emissions and that all late model (Jan 06 onwards) VZ alloytecs (not sure bout the 8's) had to comply with tougher emission standards for exporting, thus holden introduced 4 cats..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, the VZ V6 only had 2 cats, the other two look like cats but are in fact resonators. This guy is full of ****. (the exhaust shop guy that is)

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i agree with above sounds like rubbish my ve doesn't have 4 cats.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
i honestly never thought they did, but someone once fed me a load of bs telling me due to euro emissions etc etc.. i thought it was bs aswell

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the only thing that came from euro emissions was the extra oxy sensors to make sure the cats are operating effiectively right?