Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catback Exhaust - eBay ?

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
depends wat sound ur after, if ur after a sportier grumble i say it should be alright just bolt straight up, just remember if its too noisy it wont pass the roadworthy check

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Lukey systems in my opinion are probably the worst catbacks for the ecotecs, PM not_an_abba_fan on the forums, his systems are a lot better for a similar price

Also that system you linked in your original post doesn't have a rear resonator which you really want for a V6 as you will simply get too much drone with only a muffler.....

The only people who like V6's with Lukeys & no resonators are 16 Year old P Platers who thinks their V6 is the best thing since sliced bread

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
If you just want noise, and cheap.

Go to the local muffler joint and get them to remove the rear muffler.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina

Last edited by a moderator:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do Manta, no comparison to Lukey. Lukey used to be one of the best systems on the market, but now they are made to a price and the quality of the note suffers.

2 1/2" cat back with front muffler and tail pipe $255 shipped.

With muffler and rear resonator $295 shipped.

Manta is not the cheapest system, but it is one of the best.

D

David87965

Lukey systems in my opinion are probably the worst catbacks for the ecotecs, PM not_an_abba_fan on the forums, his systems are a lot better for a similar price

Also that system you linked in your original post doesn't have a rear resonator which you really want for a V6 as you will simply get too much drone with only a muffler.....

The only people who like V6's with Lukeys & no resonators are 16 Year old P Platers who thinks their V6 is the best thing since sliced bread

Lol what do you think about "Redback"

I have a 2.5 in Lukey off ebay with no rear resonator. Has close to no drone and sounds good for the price.

Hmmmm so my car would get same result then? i don't see how it would be different with same engine and exhaust setup.

@Not_An_Abba_Fan i cant afford that right now (i am paying some debt off so as now i can go up to $200)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Lol what do you think about "Redback"

All eBay/Repco special exhaust such as Lukey/Redback are get what you pay for exhausts......they will not sound good.....they manufacture very very cheap components these days which gives you a very very cheap sound...and people that do think these sound good generally have not driven a car with a decent exhaust on it

Hmmmm so my car would get same result then? i don't see how it would be different with same engine and exhaust setup.

Some people don't know what drone sounds like haha

@Not_An_Abba_Fan i cant afford that right now (i am paying some debt off so as now i can go up to $200)[

Why are you buying an exhaust if your paying off debts, not like you need one unless there is something wrong with the factory one.....save up until you can get something decent

Read above :p