Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

catback exhaust

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Grab an empty Milo tin and fart in it.

You will get the idea.
mate sv6's can sound mint as not all of them are dog ****. when you fully straight pipe it thats when it sounds ****. even if it does sound a bit **** im not too worried about it i just want something thats loud, and not too ****, and it being an sv6 obviously you cant have both but im trying the best i can with it

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Does sound a little crappy but end of the day it's your car and if it makes you happy do it.
well to me that sounds good as so if thats what mine is gonna sound like ill be happy with that

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
hey ive got a ve omega, and wondering if anyone can help me find a catback exhaust system. i called up a few exhaust shops and they reckon i should get a catback, with an xpipe, 2 hotdogs in the centre, and 2 hotdogs at the rear. they quoted me 1800 bucks and i reckon thats a bloody rip. i can install it myself pretty easy, just wondering if anyone can find a catback with that description, looking to spend 1000 bucks dont really want to go over. cheers
Best option is find an sv6 or ss middle section and then some ss mufflers, I know everyone wants there car to sound awesome but the v6’s are just a waste of time/money even if they do sound good, save yourself the $1,000 and put it away for when your able to own a v8, I’ve got the v6 and heard a bunch of them, just not worth it, if you really want it to just be louder just take the muffler off but besides that don’t waste time or money on it, unless your doing a few performance upgrades

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I agree with the others a loud exhaust on a v6 especially 3” is gonna sound like absolute crap not to mention you’ll get all the wrong kind of attention from the cops too

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Question if you put the 3 inch system on the v6 will it make it quicker 0-100 or slower?
The last few times Ive seen or helped put the big system on a stock engine it lost performance 0-100 when we timed it before and after with a stopwatch.