Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catch can?

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
hi everyone I'm trying to work out what I'm meant to do with a catch can do I hook up both sides to the in hose part of the can or just the bad pcv sid sorry I'm not to good with naming the things I've got a bad brain injury so I am trying to make sense so I can get some help to get it done thanks in advance

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
hi everyone I'm trying to work out what I'm meant to do with a catch can do I hook up both sides to the in hose part of the can or just the bad pcv sid sorry I'm not to good with naming the things I've got a bad brain injury so I am trying to make sense so I can get some help to get it done thanks in advance
Sorry I forgot to mention that I am going to put it on my vz v6

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Ideally you only connect it between the PCV and the throttle body.

Before even considering a catch can, do the PCV mod and you won’t even need a catch can.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vz-and-ve-alloytec-pcv-problem-fix.279039/
Yeah I was thinking I should try that first I just bought a new pcv for it so I've been doing a lot of YouTube searching and I thought I'd just ask on here because it's my first vz I've always had ecotecs so I've been stressing cause I didn't really know much about alloytecs and I got it cause it was cheap and 5 years newer than my vx ya know thanks mate

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not all new pcvs are of the appropriate size so check first.

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Not all new pcvs are of the appropriate size so check first.
Oh OK cheers what size is it meant to be I've seen a couple of different things and most of the ones on YouTube were american and that

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Na all g I looked it up 3 ml an 2ml thanks again

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Oh OK cheers what size is it meant to be I've seen a couple of different things and most of the ones on YouTube were american and that
Read post #3