Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cats

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
s pack. so its a v6? what on earth are you doing to the engine that makes a high flow cat restrictive?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
i havent done anything to the engine the stock cats are restrictive. high flow cats r still restrictive

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so is the stock 2.25" exhaust system, why not just rip the whole system off while you're under there?

any cat converter is going to be restrictive to a point, it does have a job to do

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
there are far more restrictions on your standard motor to even think about changing cats yet ;).

get yourself an air intake, some good leads, and a 2.5" exhaust catback. the cat still will not be restricting it at this stage :).

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
im getting an exhaust next week or the week after, i have put a hole in the air box with a 90 degree elbow to suck from behind the headlight. u reckon the leads

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Not sure how true it is but in an issue of street commodores no.145 it said the fines for a knocked out cat were up to 33 thousand dollars in NSW. Your probably looking at 300 bucks each for a decent hi flow so its money well spent.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
im getting an exhaust next week or the week after, i have put a hole in the air box with a 90 degree elbow to suck from behind the headlight. u reckon the leads

youve already got a start, go for a high flow air filter also, something like a lukey dry or a k&n oiled, both are good, and get yourself a set of topgun leads.

i honestly wouldnt worry about getting highflow cats just yet, and i wouldnt even consider knocing the guts out with a screwdriver at all.

once your exhaust is done, a decent air filter, and some nice leads, you can then look at extractors and cats. :p

Macka21

Reaction score
Members Ride
CAMMED VY SS Series 2 M6
yeah i got a high flow filter k&n oiled filter