Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CD Stuck

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
hey guys, tonight I disconnected the battery, reconnected, entered the code, fired her up and walla. problem fixed. Naturally the hardware thought a CD was still in the drive but the software thought it was empty (it was, as i said previously I manually took it out) so i just pressed eject. Problem solvered. The moral of the story is try the simple things first, I went a month with no CD player because i thought the problem was too difficult when really it took five minutes to fix. Never did find that reset button by the way.:thumbsup:

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
Essentially you've done the same thing as let's say pushing a reset button. Disconnecting the power has drained anything that can retain memory (even capacitors have a role) so you've lost all your radio station presets but at least the EEPROM / flash memory on the HU has gone into a reset cycle and is running the program from the start again resolving the CD stuck issue.

Glad to hear everything is alright.

It's true that it's always the most perplexing problems can be solved by the most simplistic solutions.

Math's teacher... :b: