Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking Cycles on its own!

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
Could i just disconnect the actuator and see how it goes?

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Isnt there a thread on this in the How To? I kinda remember reading something on these forums for the cycling central locking on a vp

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Look under the Electrical/Wiring section im sure ive seen a thread to do with C/Locking

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
yeh i've looked at all the central locking threads and no one has posted an answer.

VPCalais38

VP Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP V6 Calais Series II
My Calais did this with a dying battery. When the voltage got low enough it would cycle the crap out of the Central.
Replaced battery and all sorted. Crap earth will have same effect. Clean all your battery terminals and earth points up. Pull all the connectors apart one by one while you got the battery disconnected and check them for corrosion or crappy connection. Spraying them with Contact Cleaner may help.

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
i think your onto something there as the cycling got worse after I had the negative terminal disconnected a few weeks ago. i think my battery is ok probably the connectors as their 18 years old.

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
I cleaned up the battery terminals and checked earth points and the issue still exists.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
take it to a sparky, they will pinpoint the problem in an hour or so, could be lots of things like a wire rubbing on the body (hardly visible) or the fsulty actuator like mentioned.

friedchicken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
I might have missed it, but is it factory central or aftermarket?

Sounds like a bad earth / connection to me hence the lights thing. assuming its aftermarket try to follow back the wires and make sure they are fixed well.

Alot of aftermarket kits dont monitor the position of the rear door actuators so if thats sticky it wouldnt make any difference.

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
its factory central locking. It seems to cycle mostly when braking now. And still at start up and locking.