Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking Modifications

Z

zedex

I was thinking of wiring up my central locking to lock all doors when the car (Berlina VXII) is put in drive like the VY's. Does anyone know how this is to be done?

Cheers!

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
i dont no how u do it but my matesalarm does it, but it was standard on the alarm if ucan do it to any alarm ill do it aswell, only thing is u must kill the cars ignition t oopen the doors again, doesnt help wen droping some one off

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
That to me sounds like the most dangerous thing around. What happens if there is an accident and you die whilst there cutting you car open because you locked the doors?

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
im in agreement with 12volt here. i mean, apart from the question of why you need the doors locked, why waste time and money on something that you can do in two seconds!?!?! to me, thats just really bloody lazy!!! although it does sound fun to do and to have, i just think that its not a very productive idea at all.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
im picturing the same thing!!! if being scared of car jackers is why this is done just lock the doors yourself when your stopped in traffic or whatever. or wire up another feature so if the car gets crashed the doors unlock! hook it to the airbag...

(ona serious note dont play with airbags.)

sometimes on my old camry i lock the drivers door to remind me the lights are on, (there is no buzzer) but its not central so something is usually inlocked.

Last edited:
Z

zedex

The missus thought it would be a good safety feature to have.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I personally think it's a bad safety feature to have. Just have a think about it.

Z

zedex

I agree 12Voltking, I think its more trouble than its worth.