Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central locking receiver antenna location

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
G'day,

So I've been living with an issue for a while now of intermittently working central locking. One time it works another time it doesn't, the problem is the receiving module in the car since the remotes are fine.

I reckon it's a loose connection somewhere but where is the antenna for the receiver or the receiver itself? Is it inside the BCM?

How do I go about fixing this any clues, cheers guys.

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
Lubricate linkages in doors as any resistance will cause them nt to work. Use dry lock lube spray.

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Lubricate linkages in doors as any resistance will cause them nt to work. Use dry lock lube spray.

Oh yeah I did that already to fix the issue of some door not locking with the rest.

This looks like the signal isn't taking there is no attempt to even try to lock any door. When it works I can lock/unlock as many times as I want, but usually after the car moves/drives it won't lock/unlock no matter what even if left overnight. But when I move/drive again then it starts working fine and again can lock/unlock many times no issues.

Seems like a loose contact, it tends to stop working more on occasion of wet weather.

Edit: The central locking always works manually with the key in the door. It's the remote that is intermittent.

Last edited:

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
I have just addressed the same problem. After removing and having actuators tested, lubricating locks and rods etc., removing and reinstalling door trims 655 times it turned out to be a dodgy plug between the loom and the bottom of the actuator. If i wiggled it, i had an endless combination of random lockings/ unlockings, blinker flashes. I cut the pkug off and soldered on a new one. Good as gold....

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
I have just addressed the same problem. After removing and having actuators tested, lubricating locks and rods etc., removing and reinstalling door trims 655 times it turned out to be a dodgy plug between the loom and the bottom of the actuator. If i wiggled it, i had an endless combination of random lockings/ unlockings, blinker flashes. I cut the pkug off and soldered on a new one. Good as gold....

Interesting. So which plug is this? Was it for one of the actuators in a particular door or all doors?

In my case though it works perfectly with the key every time (all doors locking properly).

It's only the remote locking that's playing up and either working on all doors or not at all on any door (no sound of even attempting to lock/unlock).

Last edited:

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check remote battery and contacts.
Could be dry solder joint in module.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
As far as an aerial for the remote is concerned, it's all inside the BCM.

I very much support the theory of the connections of the loom to the actuator, especially the RH Front door which effectively is the master switch, while the other 3 are basically slaves.

Cheers.

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Thanks guys for all your replies.

I'll take all your info on board and report back once I've figured this one out.

The last day or so it's been working just fine so it's a bit tricky.

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
If it works fine when warm and dry might be bad solder joint in module or bad connection.
As above have said make sure master drivers linkages and clean and lived and put conductive grease on connection.
If it still fails might be module.
But on my VNSS had heaps of connection issues through car all solved with judicious use of conductive grease and as had 2 SH ecus causing various issues with dry joints and central locking was fixed when I freed linkages especially in drivers door..
Don't forget remote.
Good luck.