Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking / Remote Keyless Problems!

menzies_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
hey guys,

Just got myself a VR Acclaim 1994. picked it up off a mate for $3000 with 160 kms on it.
it has a couple of problems with it.

• Rear left Quarter Panel is damaged
  • and central locking / remote keyless wont unlock the drivers side door, and it wont unlock all the doors when you turn it in the barrel of the drivers side door it just does that door. and when you use the remote it unlocks all doors but the drivers side.

Just wondering what the best option is for replaceing that rear quater panel and what todo about the drivers side door central locking business.

thanks

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
For the central locking, pull the door trim off and see if the wiring to the actuator is plugged in firmly. If not, then the actuator may be faulty or there is damaged wiring somewhere.
So check the plug, and then get out a test light to see if there is power at the plug. If that checks ok, you may need to replace the actuator.

Kingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
I'll second the stuffed actuator, they always screw up.
There's a guide on removing the door trims https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/removing-front-door-trim-vn-vs.3912
and the actuator is the black module looking thing attached to the locking mechanism, with wires attached obviously :) just search ebay for VS Central Locking for examples.

As for the rear quarter, its part of the car and not removable. Best to get a panel beater to fix it, and I can imagine it would be expensive.