Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Okay there is something wrong with my central locking. I push the button and the car locks then a second or two later it unlocks itself. I have just replaced the battery in the button unit but it still does it. Any suggestions?

Cheers Marz.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Bad connection to the Body Control Module (or faulty BCM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2 3.8L
no b.c.m in executive model i was told, try cleaning the microswitches and connections behind the door skins on the two front doors maybe. When I was swapping my door handles over, i could make the locks do that by flicking the microswitches.

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
Mine does that from time to time. Mine's to do with the tailgate lock not lining up completely so it knocks it all out of whack. A couple more presses solves the problem though.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Something is wrong with my door lock as when i push the button it stays up hence why the others come up. Going to take the skin off this aftrenoon and have a look and see if i can giggle something to get it to work. Thanks for the replies guys.

peter65

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exec
this has happened to me a couple of times, then i comes good by itself. i suspect that there is a switch in the drivers door lock mechanism that if it is not closed when u try to lock it, senses that the door is not closed then autoamtically unlocks it.

i bolded "drivers" door because (i think) that i can lock all other doors when they are open, but i cant do it with the drivers door open. i think it is to make it harder for you to lock your car keys in the vehicle.

I had a quick look at the schematic wiring diagram for the car. The drivers door lock switch (which i guess is in the lock mech somewhere, not the "snipper" button on the top of the door trim) is different to the passengers side door lock switch. pete.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
This happened on my Vz and it was a siezed key barrel

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Something is wrong with my door lock as when i push the button it stays up hence why the others come up. Going to take the skin off this aftrenoon and have a look and see if i can giggle something to get it to work. Thanks for the replies guys.
Same with my door, Locked all doors but the drivers and they came back up. Replaced the drivers central locking motor and all has been good since. Should be $20-$30 and some sore fingers:)