Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

centre bearing????

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
hey all i took my car down to wsid drag way and i was making my way down the 1/4 then at about 4500rpm in second i got this wierd grinding type bearing kinda noise through my drive train and it went all the way through 3rd and then it came back whilst slowing down as well but only between say 130 to 100kmh. it dosnt do it at all wen drivin normally even wen im on the freeway, just wen i give it some stick. a mate of mine said it could be the center bearing? if it is, is it hard to fix? wat yaz think?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
center bearings normally make a clicking type of sound...could be lots of things really have you jacked up the rear and pyut it on jack stands and try and get it to make the sound again???

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
na not yet havnt been heaps worried about it to tell u the truth cause it ok wen i drive normally, it just seems odd because it happens in the same spot in accel and decel

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
it sounds like a stuffed spinning washin machine. the noise seems to come from somethin thats goin around an around